1. Like yesterday, we want to emphasize that the House vote on HR1, the “Tax Cuts and Jobs Act,” is tomorrow, so please keep contacting Goodlatte!
- Goodlatte: Staunton (540) 885-3861, Harrisonburg (540) 432-2391, Lynchburg (434) 845-8306, Roanoke (540) 857-2672, Washington DC 202-225-5431 and email form here
- Suggested script: “Hello, my name is ____ and my zip code is _____. I’m contacting Rep. Goodlatte to let him know that I want him to vote NO on H.R. 1, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. Not only does the bill lack bipartisan support, it would also increase our national debt by an estimated $1.5 trillion dollars. It would also hurt taxpayers with its changes to property tax deductions and business taxes — meanwhile, benefiting the wealthy and corporations. Please vote no on this bill. Thank you.”
2. Yesterday, the KKK papered cars in downtown Staunton with flyers. Let’s contact our Senators and demand that the KKK be registered as a terrorist group with the State Department.
- Kaine: Washington DC: 202–224–4024, Manassas 703–361–3192, Roanoke 540–682–5693, Virginia Beach 757–518–1674, Richmond 804–771–2221, Abingdon 276–525–4790, Danville 434-792–0976, and his contact form is here
- Warner: Washington DC 202-224-2023, Roanoke 540-857-2676, Abingdon 276-628-8158, Norfolk 757-441-3079, Richmond 804-775-2314, Vienna 703-442-0670. His “Submit Comment” form is here.
- Suggested script: “Hello, my name is _____ and my zip code is ______. I am disturbed that the KKK, which has terrorized African American, Jewish, and other minority communities for over a hundred years, is not designated as a terrorist group. Just yesterday, they were recruiting in my hometown of Staunton with inflammatory flyers claiming to defend whites and promising total anonymity for members. The KKK is a hate group operating with terrorist tactics. Please move to have the State Dept. designate the KKK as a terrorist organization.”