1. A new month, a new request to Goodlatte. Contact Goodlatte to ask that he hold a public, in-person town hall in his district.
- Goodlatte: Staunton (540) 885-3861, Harrisonburg (540) 432-2391, Lynchburg (434) 845-8306, Roanoke (540) 857-2672, Washington DC 202-225-5431 and email form here.
- Suggested script: “Hello, my name is ____ and my zip code is _____. I am contacting Rep. Goodlatte today to ask that he schedule a public, in-person town hall in his district. We deserve access to our elected representative. Thank you.”
2. Sign and share this petition to the Department of Justice to bring terrorism charges against the attacker in Charlottesville. An excerpt: “America needs to take a stand against all forms of domestic terrorism. The ISIS-inspired use of vehicles as weapons in Charlottesville is clearly an act of terrorism and needs to be prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law.” You can read, sign, and share the petition here.
3. From 5calls.org, on another alarming nominee in Trump’s administration: Jeffrey Bossert Clark has been nominated for Assistant Attorney General for the Department of Justice (DOJ) Environment and Natural Resources Division (ENRD). If confirmed by the Senate, Clark would lead the DOJ’s enforcement of environmental laws and regulations and defend the Environmental Protection Agency against challenges over industrial regulation. As we have come to expect from Trump appointees, Clark has a long history of opposing environmental protections, prioritizing corporate interests over the environment, and attacking the government agencies he’s charged with leading and protecting. Let’s contact our senators and tell them we oppose Clark’s nomination.
- Kaine: Washington DC: 202–224–4024, Manasses 703–361–3192, Roanoke 540–682–5693, Virginia Beach 757–518–1674, Richmond 804–771–2221, Abingdon 276–525–4790, Danville 434-792–0976, and his contact form is here.
- Warner: Washington DC 202-224-2023, Roanoke 540-857-2676, Abingdon 276-628-8158, Norfolk 757-441-3079, Richmond 804-775-2314, Vienna 703-442-0670. His “Submit Comment” form is here.
- Suggested script: “Hello, my name is _____ and my zip code is _____. I’m contacting the senator today to tell him that I want him to oppose the nomination of Jeffrey Bossert Clark to the position of Assistant Attorney General for the DOJ Environment and Natural Resources Division. Clark is a climate change denier who has previously fought EPA regulation and even worked for BP to push back against the settlements claims for Lousiana parishes after the infamous oil spill. With historically catastrophic floods and extreme weather around the world, our government should be taking steps to slow the damage of climate change — not nominating people who don’t believe in climate change. I strongly urge you to oppose his nomination. Thank you.”