1. UPCOMING EVENT – Tuesday – Goodlatte Open Door Meeting in Waynesboro, 11:30-1pm
There is so much we need to talk to Goodlatte about this month. In addition to what happened this weekend in Charlottesville, tomorrow, August 15th, is the five year anniversary of the first young immigrants being able to submit DACA applications for immigration relief. Now, under Trump, DACA and TPS recipients face the unthinkable prospect that they could be ripped from their homes, with DACA facing a major threat as early as next month. Please come out to ask Goodlatte to work against the groups, not target immigrants, protect our healthcare, and any other issues about which you are passionate. This meeting is in the middle of the workday, so if you have any letters or messages you’d like to send Bob, please email them to us and we will hand them off. If you can be there, we urge you to come in person.
2. Contact Senators Kaine and Warner and Representative Goodlatte to ask them to demand that President Trump fire Steve Bannon, Sebastian Gorka, and Stephen Miller immediately. They are white supremacists. They are traitors to this nation. These men should not be in positions of power in the White House.
- Goodlatte: Staunton (540) 885-3861, Harrisonburg (540) 432-2391, Lynchburg (434) 845-8306, Roanoke (540) 857-2672, Washington DC 202-225-5431 and email form here
- Kaine: Washington DC: 202–224–4024, Manassas 703–361–3192, Roanoke 540–682–5693, Virginia Beach 757–518–1674, Richmond 804–771–2221, Abingdon 276–525–4790, Danville 434-792–0976, and his contact form is here.
- Warner: Washington DC 202-224-2023, Roanoke 540-857-2676, Abingdon 276-628-8158, Norfolk 757-441-3079, Richmond 804-775-2314, Vienna 703-442-0670. His “Submit Comment” form is here.
- Suggested script: “Hello, my name is _____ and my zip code is _____. I am contacting [Representative/Senator] __________ today to ask him to demand that President Trump fire Steve Bannon, Sebastian Gorka, and Stephen Miller immediately. They are white supremacists. Especially after this last weekend, we cannot sit by and allow white supremecy in the White House. They are traitors to this nation. These men should not be in positions of power, and I ask that you do everything in your power to pressure for their immediate removal from their jobs in the White House. Thank you.”
3. If you are moved to do so, and are able, here are two crowd funding campaigns to which you can donate to help cover medical bills of the injured from this last weekend in Charlottesville: