1. Contact our senators about healthcare.
- Kaine: Washington DC: 202–224–4024, Manassas 703–361–3192, Roanoke 540–682–5693, Virginia Beach 757–518–1674, Richmond 804–771–2221, Abingdon 276–525–4790, Danville 434-792–0976, and his contact form is here
- Warner: Washington DC 202-224-2023, Roanoke 540-857-2676, Abingdon 276-628-8158, Norfolk 757-441-3079, Richmond 804-775-2314, Vienna 703-442-0670. His “Submit Comment” form is here.
- Suggested script: “Hello, my name is ______ and my zip code is ______. I’m contacting the senator to ask him to do everything he can to block TrumpCare and save the ACA, using every tool available.”
2. Contact FCC chair Ajit Pai and demand that the FCC preserve Net Neutrality for a fair and open internet.
- email: Ajit.Pai@fcc.gov
- Suggested script (from 5calls.org): “Hi, my name is [NAME] and I’m a concerned customer from Staunton. I’m calling to express my disapproval that the FCC is trying to kill net neutrality and the strong Title II oversight of Internet Service Providers. Preserving an open internet is crucial for fair and equal access to the resources and information available on it.” [Optional: Explain why net neutrality is personally important to you or your work] “Thank you for your time and attention.” [IF LEAVING A VOICEMAIL: please leave your full street address to ensure your call is tallied.
3. Contact the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, the Senate Judiciary Committee, and the House Select Committee on Intelligence–Minority Staff. These committees are driving action and legislation related to the issue at hand: our demand that Donald Trump, Jr. testify about his collusion with the Russian government to interfere in the 2016 election. After the explosive scandal of the emails he shared on twitter, surely testifying is the least he can do.
- Senate Intelligence: 202-224-1700 and fax: (202) 224-1772
- Click here for a list of committee members with links to their contact information.
- Senate Judiciary: 202-224-5225
- Click here for a list of individual committee members with links to their contact information.
- House Intelligence: 202-225-7690 and fax: (202) 226-5068
- Suggested script: “Hello, my name is ______ and I am a concerned citizen from Staunton, Virginia. Donald Trump, Jr. has released emails proving he sought out help from the Russian government in order to influence the 2016 election. This is clear evidence of collusion and Donald Trump Jr. needs to testify about his role in this. This is more than a scandal; this is a threat to our democracy. If he’s willing to tweet out an email chain, he ought to be willing to testify under oath. Please do everything in your power to call Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort to testify publicly. Thank you.”