1. Use Indivisible’s tool to submit an amendment to the Senate. Share your story about how TrumpCare would impact you and your family and we’ll ask that your senator included as part of the Congressional Record. It takes your information and generates an Amendment that our Democratic Senators can use during the floor debate. Indivisible hopes to get thousands of Amendments ready (they must be done THIS WEEKEND), and some Senators have already started introducing them into the Congressional Record. This ties in with the tactics we’ve been talking about this week, as these could be amendments used to filibuster the disastrous TrumpCare bill. Use the amendment tool here.
2. After arming our senators with the amendments from today’s first action opportunity, please call in to our senators about protecting the ACA and doing everything they can to stop the TrumpCare plan from getting through the Senate. Using amendments sent in my people like us, and any others that they can come up with, our senators can filibuster by amendment, and they can and must also withhold consent. The action opportunities on Sunday, 6/18 explain these tactics more fully. Please contact our senators and tell them to use these strategies to block TrumpCare and protect the ACA.
- Kaine: Washington DC: 202–224–4024, Manassas 703–361–3192, Roanoke 540–682–5693, Virginia Beach 757–518–1674, Richmond 804–771–2221, Abingdon 276–525–4790, Danville 434-792–0976, and his contact form is here.
- Warner: Washington DC 202-224-2023, Roanoke 540-857-2676, Abingdon 276-628-8158, Norfolk 757-441-3079, Richmond 804-775-2314, Vienna 703-442-0670. His “Submit comment” form is here.
- Suggested script: “Hello, my name is ______ and my zip code is ______. I’m contacting the senator to ask him to do everything he can to block TrumpCare and save the ACA, using every tool available. I ask that he withhold his consent on all Senate business until we have hearings and a complete CBO score;
withholding consent on amendments, placing holds on nominations, and objecting to all unanimous consent requests until there are hearings and a complete CBO score. I also ask that the Senator prepare hundreds or thousands of amendments to offer during vote-a-rama. by filing thousands of amendments—and then calling each of them for a vote, debate is prolonged long enough to leave Republicans with no choice but to agree to hearings and a complete CBO score. Along with his colleagues, the senator can and should let the Republicans know they will offer amendments into the July 4 recess or longer, holding the floor with amendments as long as it takes to guarantee Americans can read the bill, see a CBO score, and that the Senate has hearings. Thank you.”
3. UPCOMING EVENT – No Pipeline Concert, Sunday, June 25th, noon-7 at Seven Arrows Brewery in Waynesboro, 2508 Jefferson Hwy, Waynesboro, VA
Schedule of events:
- 12-1:30pm: Candidates running for office (Angela Lynn, Michele Edwards, Brent Finnegan) will speak, mingle with votes, answer questions, etc.
- 2-3:30: Cross-Eyed Cats
- 3:30-5:30: The Findells
- 5:30-7: The Charlottesville Community Drum Choir
- Many other local no pipeline groups, like Augusta County Alliance and Friends of Nelson, will be there with the latest pipeline information and no pipeline swag.
Free! Family Friendly! Restaurant inside of the brewery (food is excellent!). Indoor and outdoor space.
See Facebook event here.